CORONAVIRUS UPDATE

Share this post
FaceBook  Twitter  
  1. We are going ahead with plans to excavate this summer at Abel Beth Maacah.
  2. We will be following advisories given by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, the Israeli Ministry of Health, and the Institute for Field Research.
  3. Beginning in April, we will be sending out regular email updates to all registered team members giving information about the dig in general and the current status of the dig regarding the Coronavirus. 
  4. Applicants who are uncertain about whether or not they should join us this summer are still invited to apply and hold off paying their deposit until later in the spring when we have a better idea of the impact of this virus. The official deadline for making a deposit is June 1.
  5. Anyone who makes or has made a deposit will get a full refund in the event that the dig is canceled for any reason. Those who pay online will get a refund on their credit card. Those who paid by check will receive a check in the mail for the amount of their deposit.
  6. When making plane reservations, team members should be aware that an airline might cancel flights overseas if the virus spreads. However, as the weather warms the virus will become less active and begin to die off so we are pretty confident that we'll be okay this summer - though this is no guarantee.
  7. It is highly recommended that team members purchase travel insurance that includes cancelation "for any reason". Such policies are a bit more expensive but worth it since insurance companies are starting to use the Coronavirus as an excuse not to cover trip cancelation if it is not a "for any reason" policy.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you have.